Code of Conduct
All users of this website and/or Interpreter Directory must conduct themselves respectfully and honestly. Abusive, harassing, dishonest or fraudulent conduct or language may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of rights to use the website and/ Interpreter Directory. OHCIA reserves sole discretion to determine whether a healthcare interpreter or agency/organization has violated our Code of Conduct. In case of temporary or permanent suspension of rights to use the Website and/or the Interpreter Directory, OHCIA won't refund the fees paid for the remainder of the period.
Oregon Health Care Interpreters Association - OHCIA (“OHCIA”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website [www.ohcia.org
It also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Our Website consists of:
(1) publicly available portions which provide information about OHCIA and its mission and services and
(2) the “Interpreter Directory”, which is only available to registered members who register with us. Interpreters are not required to pay, but agencies/organizations are required to pay for membership.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and members of our Interpreter Directory, including information:
By which you may be personally identiﬁed, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information the Website collects that is deﬁned as personal or personally identiﬁable information under an applicable
law (“personal information”);
That is about you but individually does not identify you, and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
Directly from you when you provide it to us, either by filling the forms on our Website or by the act of accessing or utilizing the Website.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by ﬁlling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to become a member of the Interpreter Directory, as well as signing up for classes on our Website.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website.
- Information on your usage of the website.
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulﬁll any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we oﬀer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
Disclosure of Your Information
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
We treat information defined as “personal information” differently from information that does not identity any individual, or “aggregated information.”
We may disclose aggregated information about our users.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information conﬁdential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Oregon Health Care Interpreter Association - OHCIA’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by OHCIA about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulﬁll the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of OHCIA, our customers, or others.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website including Interpreter Directory and visiting your proﬁle page.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Website that are
California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or write us at: 9220 SW Barbur Blvd Suite 119-315, Portland, OR 97219.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information
from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password conﬁdential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Nothing in this policy constitutes or is intended to convey a guarantee of employment through the Interpreter Directory. Entering your personal information does not create a contract between OHCIA and the user except that the user's information and activity is governed by this TOU.
Your use of any information or materials on our Website is entirely at your own risk, for which OHCIA is not liable. It is your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through our Website meets your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
Third-party material may appear on our site, and the owners of that material retain all rights to their works, except where noted.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any [personal] information to [or on] the Website. We do not
knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not [use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use]. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without veriﬁcation of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
This Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use is subject to the laws of the State of Oregon.
ADDRESS: 9220 SW Barbur Blvd Suite 119-315, Portland, OR 97219
EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org